Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Clean Bill of Health

Good news! This morning I had my 6-week check-up appointment with Dr. Asdell. He gave me the best news ever - my jaws are now fully healed, which means I can eat anything. Sweet! Of course, however, I can't eat everything. It still hurts to chew, so I have to take things very easy. Nonetheless, I'm so encouraged. Dr. Asdell still wants me to wear bands until I see my orthodontist. And that'll be next week. I actually can't wait to see Dr. Wong because he's going to take off the surgical hooks and ties then. I'm not going to miss my metal mouth, that's for sure!

5 comments:

cookieyum said...

Congrats!!! Glad to hear your progress. There is light at the end of the tunnel, Yeah!
Mo-Mo

Anonymous said...

Excellent!
They're cute about the 'eating anything' diagnosis, though. I'm supposed to be 'consolidated' and the amount of things I cannot eat is far greater than the one I can. Pah.

mylene

Michelle said...

No kidding, Mylene! I'm still eating my pancakes like a bird!

:0)
M

Lori G. said...

Fantastic news! You have been such an inspiration to me in my recovery. I'm getting a little impatient with the swelling and numbness around my nose and upper lip. I guess I just have take things as they come.

Anonymous said...

congrats! it's so weird to think it's been 6 weeks, isn't it? i really can't believe it! glad to hear everything is well!