Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trying Rachel's Aggressive Facial Exercises


After knitting this afternoon, I became curious about Rachel's "exaggerated" and "aggressive" facial exercises. Whatever she's doing is obviously working because she's looking like a million bucks these days! Plus, wearing this t-shirt gave me the confidence I needed to experiment with these ultra-intensive exercises.


So I kept toying with the idea of doing aggressive facial therapy. Maybe Rachel scrunches up her face into a ball, or something like it.


No, that didn't feel too aggressive. Maybe she tries opening her mouth as wide as possible to stretch her muscles.


Well, that's definitely exaggerated. Or maybe she opens her mouth plus scrunches up her nose (hey, I have swelling on my nose, so this combo could work!)


Wow, that looks scary. See, it even scared my dog, Willy.


Bingo! That's aggressive! And I can already see a difference. Thanks, Rachel! Hopefully, I'll start looking like a million bucks soon! :0)

12 comments:

holski said...

HAHAHAHAHA you're a clown! I am laughing my a$$ off over here.

ps-I love Willy!

Michelle said...

This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands!!

:0)
M

cookieyum said...

I'm impressed, The only expression Kelley is making these days is one sheer displeasure. I cant wait until she can smile again. Bye the way you are lookin good, keep it up.

Stephanie said...

Wow, even if you are not 100% satisfied with your swelling going down, you have to be pretty darn happy with the control of your facial muscles at this point post op. Really, I think in your 4th photo down you are able to open your lips further than I can pre-chop!!

Michelle said...

Oh, I'm very happy with the progress I've made so far. The swelling, well, it's going to take some more time. And I'm fine with that - actually, I'm still obsessing over my voice, but that's a different story.

Not only does everyone heal at their own pace, we also have had different procedures. So I think I'm on track with the swelling.

Now, dealing with boredom is another thing entirely. Tomorrow, it's back to writing academic papers!!

:0)
M

Rachel said...

Wow, I think it helped. The best time is in the shower or in traffic so people can stare at you! I get caught doing them all the time. I think you got it down, that's about what I look like when I do them. Great pics, your smile looks fab!

Rachel said...

p.s. your dog is super cute! It needs to make more cameos in your blog!

Anonymous said...

wow... even being out of town and not having a chance to catch up on blogs, i've been "stretching", too- it really MUST be something about boredom at this stage! :-)

-melissa

Nate said...

Your looking great! The swelling has gone down quite a bit. See what happens when I leave for 10 days. By the way I'm ready to star working on the Guitar Hero paper any time. Would you like to grab a smoothie some time and discuss it? I think it would just be more efficient that way. Not only that it's an excuse for me to get out of the house and for you to have another good smoothie :-P

Glad to see your healing, smiling, and scaring the crap out of your dog :-P

Kam said...

Awe!! Hehehe, I love this post. I want to make faces too. Has your doctor said if you can eat soft foods yet? How's the overall healing?

Oh, and a semi-unrelated question: Do you know how far forward they brought your top-jaw? I think they brought mine forward a whopping 6mm.

Anonymous said...

Excelelnt! even when making grotesque faces, it's obvious that you're going to look fab once all the swelling's down.

mylene

Katherine said...

This is such a warm and funny post. I chuckled, almost spit out my coffee, and have been smiling since. Thanks for the pick-me-up.