Saturday, July 26, 2008

At Home Spa Treatment

Well, it was bound to happen. My face and neck have broken out with acne. I have a long history dealing with acne, so I have all the preps I need to pamper my face and make it disappear. I know Holly recently dealt with this issue by using Pro-active, but sadly those products just don't work on me. (Case in point, I completed two 6-month long treatments of Accutane when I was in my early 20s. Not fun!)

So I pulled out my face steamer this morning; I added a few drops of my favorite rose water to it. While that was warming up, I washed my face, put on some background music, and drank a glass of water (that helps to get your skin to sweat). Then it was time for the steamer. I forgot how warm and relaxing this is, especially smelling those fragrant wafts of roses. After about 10-12 minutes, I finished with the steamer and then exfoliated my face using an apricot scrub. After the scrub, I used an astringent (made for sensitive skin) to remove the remaining dead skin cells. Last but not least, I put on a face moisturizer.

I'm going to incorporate this into my routine, maybe 2-3 times per week. That should take care of the flare-up. It's really not that bad, but I do want to be proactive and nip this in the bud!

4 comments:

holski said...

Luckily, my acne went away before the ProActiv even got here. I hope your's does too! I have a feeling it will as I think this surgery just messes with your skin for a few weeks. That's what I hear and it held true in my case. *sigh*. Sometimes it was the acne (more than being a potatohead) that made it hard for me to go in public... stupid skin! Good luck with your facials! =)

Anonymous said...

Yes, the change in diet is a killer. At least , the rose scented face steaming will also make you feel good - a good recovery is all about a holistic approach.. :-)

mylene

cookieyum said...

That steamer sounds wonderful, I keep heating up washcloths for Kelley in the microwave. They stay hot for about 1 minute. I teased kelley that we need to get a microwave for her bedroom. The steamer might be cheaper. lol
Kelleys skin it pretty tight right now from the swelling, hopefully she wont breakout but the facial tissue goes through alot of trauma also.

Stephanie said...

Hi Michelle, I just caught up on your blog. I will be having Lefort I/BSSO/Genio on September 9th. It is definately nice meeting others that have gone through this. It looks like your swelling has gone down considerably and you are looking great! Good luck with the facials, it does seem that breaking out is a temporary side effect that many have to deal with, albeit an unpleasant one. I look forward to hearing more updates.