Thursday, July 10, 2008

Odwalla Try Some? Hmm...Do I Have to?


I know Melissa was raving about Naked Juice earlier this week, and that idea got me craving a smoothie. But not just any smoothie - I really wanted one from Planet Smoothie. Unfortunately, however, there's no Planet Smoothie in Indiana. Grrr!!!

So I called my friend Heather who owns a coffee shop in South Bend. She suggested that I try one of the Odwalla smoothies. I've had their lemonade before and it was excellent, so what the heck, I thought. If I can't have a decadent smoothie from Planet Smoothie, then this ought to be second best.

I bought two Odwalla drinks - the lemonade, of course, plus another one called Superfood. It sounded healthy and packed with calories, which I desperately need. (I've lost 5 pounds since the surgery. I really don't need to lose any weight!) But when I opened the Superfood bottle, I immediately regretted this decision. Although it smelled fruity, the drink was so green!

Ok, I told myself not to look at the juice while I drank it. It tasted fine (there was a bit too much apple juice for my liking, so I kept chanting 'mango, mango, mango' to myself to trick my brain into enjoying this drink more than I actually did). I slurped it until it all gone. Phew! Next time, I'm just going to make my own smoothie. That took a lot of mental energy! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be challenging to figure out what to eat/drink and then to be disappointed when something does'nt taste like what you are craving. Especially when it takes so much effort to eat/drink. Frustrating! Keep trying new things. Hey where did your cook go?

Michelle said...

Mo-mo! :0)

It is a bit of a challenge! Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, I guess. Heather and I are going out for smoothies later today. Apparently, there's a local shop in the area that serves them, so I'm still hopeful!

Ah, yes, my cook....Sean had to go home last week. He lives in Philly, near his family. I'm so grateful he was able to take care of me after the surgery. He is sorely missed!!

:0)
M

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great that you're working hard at finding foods to eat and trying to stop your weight loss!

Enjoy making your own smoothies, they can be fun!

Rachel said...

I laugh every time I see this picture. You look so mad! Here is a good one... Put vanilla Muscle Milk, milk or other protein powder, ice, heaping tbsp of Glutamine (for healing power), and a scoop of orange juice concentrate. Its like an Orange Julius.

Michelle said...

hee hee...I was trying to raise my right eyebrow to have a suspicious look, but it didn't work out as planned!

Rachel, thanks for another tasty treat! I forgot to pick up those sweet potatoes this week, so I'll add these items to next week's shopping. Sweet!

:0)

Kam said...

I love your expression in that photo! So skeptical! My sister is a big fan of the Odwalla drinks, but I've never tried them before. I love lemonade tough, so I will have to pick that one up.