Friday, July 11, 2008

smoothie, Smoothie, SMOOTHIE!! Yeah!!

I hit a home run in Smoothie Land today. Heather and I went to a local health food shop that featured a smoothie bar. I ordered a strawberry smoothie with a dash of whey protein powder and flax seed oil. Scrumptious!! I also picked up cinnamon for my Cream of Wheat breakfasts. It's really the little things in life that make life so worth living. :0)

Later this afternoon I also experimented by making a peanut butter cookie milkshake.* It was so yummy! All I did was add a few scoops of peanut butter cookie mix with ice, milk, and a bit of chocolate powder to simulate the hershey kiss that goes on top of those cookies. I blended it for less than a minute, and voilĂ  - you have a delicious (but *not* nutritious!) peanut butter cookie delight!

I think I'm back on track with making smoothies. Excellent! I'm feeling good about this now.

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I was thinking about the purpose of pain today during my afternoon walk with the pups. It would be a lie for me to say that I enjoy feeling pain in my jaws, but I'm grateful for this information. Feeling this pain reminds me to take it easy, that I'm not fully recovered yet so don't try anything stupid, like eat a chicken sandwich or chew gum.

(Those acts by the way, were recently discussed by a member on the Yahoo! Orthognathic Support Group. Someone who hadn't fully recovered from their jaw surgery decided to eat a sandwich and chew gum 4-weeks post op and complained how much their jaw hurt afterwards. I'd rather not venture down that path and regret it later!)

____________
*I think next week I'm going to experiment by making a chocolate chip cookie milkshake. Good-bye weight loss, hello weight gain! :0)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Before you know it, you and I will have enough smoothie recipes to make a book out of it...hmm, something to think about.

Nate said...

I like rachel's idea. "Smoothies for a Broken Jaw: the Cook Book; the Michelle Verges approach." Sounds catchy. Add lots of "I'm a Dr." and "It happened to me" and "Even (insert random actor name) enjoys (insert ridiculous recipe title)". Voila' by the time you get the first chapter done, you'll be a multi-millionaire and can pay someone to make your food for you. :-D

Although, the peanut butter smoothie was amazing...I think I saw my gut stick out 1/4" after eating it...felt great.

Michelle said...

Nate, I can always count on you for a good laugh. Thanks!

:0)
M

Anonymous said...

Who would of thought of peanut butter cookie mix, you sure are creative. I'm with Nate, you might as well make some money off this, remember necesity is the mother of invention.