Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Michelle is okay!

This is Sean, here.

I'd like to write a funny or clever post, but it's been a long and stressful day. This morning, at 7:30, Michelle's surgery began. It is now 8:00 PM, and I just came back from the hospital, where I spent a few hours with Michelle and her sister Erica. So the big news is that Dr. Asdell informed us that the surgery was a complete success! No jaw wired shut or other complications! Michelle is cogent and in great spirits, apart from the fact that just a few hours ago, she had both her upper and lower jaws broken and put back together.

I took some pictures of her but I will let her decide whether she wants to post them, because she looks like someone just elbowed her in the lips in a pickup basketball game. Apart from the fat lip, she is not very swollen, no bruising, and she is looking great.

But enough from me. Michelle has a message for you. I am sure she will have much more to blog about in the coming days, but for now I just would like to say that Michelle is okay and that everything went according to plan. Thanks to both Dr. Wong and Dr. Asdell for their extraordinary treatment of Michelle, both today and over the past year. And thanks to the good people at Memorial Hospital for making Michelle's stay so positive. If you gotta get your jaw broken, you might as well do it at Memorial.

Here's Michelle's message in her own words. (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Kam said...

That's great that you've got such a great attitude after surgery! I can't wait to see some post-op glamor shots! You've got my hopes and prayers with ya'! :D

SBCatMan said...

Great news!

Sean, thanks for the update.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the quick update. I was hoping to hear that all went well. Hopefully, you'll get to go home soon. Best wishes!

Nate said...

That's wonderful news. Glad to hear it went smoothly, hopefully the recovery will be just as smooth.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a catheter. :)