Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day after surgery

Sean again. I just came back from the hospital this morning, where I spoke with Michelle. She seems to be doing remarkably well. She reports being relatively low in pain (a 3 on a scale of 1 - 10). They removed the stomach tube from her nose. She is wearing some kind of head contraption containing ice to keep down swelling, but her lips are still quite swollen. But she was in a good spirits, was laughing and smiling (at least her eyes were smiling - she still can't move her lips much), and was able to get up and walk herself to the bathroom. I read to her a bit, and left when she got sleepy again. Her sister will visit her this afternoon, and I will again later in the evening. Tomorrow she is set to go home, and she will most likely begin reporting herself then. Till then, she says hi to everyone.

2 comments:

Nate said...

that is unbelievable for recovery! My mother had neck surgery and she couldn't do anything for practically a week due to the drugs. *note to self, Memorial not St. Joe.

Aimee said...

Congratulations on your surgery!! I'm glad to hear all went well. I can't wait to see pictures!