Monday, January 26, 2009

At the Finishing Wires

If this were a race to the end, I'd be losing. Rachel would have gotten first place, and Kam would have come in second. Me, I haven't even crossed the finishing line yet. Boo hoo!

The good news is that I'm now sporting a set of finishing wires, so I must be at the home stretch. I'm still wearing bands, and Dr. Wong has me wearing heavy-duty bands on my left side, which hurts so much. My mouth is basically clamped shut, which is great when I don't have to teach. But on Tuesdays and Thursdays, there's no way I can have those things in my mouth. I've already had several near accidents with my front-row students. I had a student last week get nearly hit in the face with one of my bands that popped out. That's so not cool!

Even though I know that I'll be getting my braces off this semester, I've given up asking Dr. Wong when exactly that date will be. I'm getting antsy, though, that's for sure. I can't wait to be brace free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So strange....Rachel and Kam's teeth looked far worse than yours did both before and after the surgery. Wonder why your ortho is taking so long....makes no sense at all. oh well, good luck in getting to the finish line.
Belinda
Jaw surgery next summer