Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Humble Pie, Anyone?

I'm having withdrawal symptoms from all my blogging friends. I took a quick trip to Philly this week so I could visit Sean before the school year officially begins on Monday. It's been fun spending time with him and his family. I also like hanging out in a big city - there's so much good food over here, it's ridiculous. But of course, I'm still having my egg sandwiches for breakfast. Sean thinks he's becoming a short-order cook for me. That's really not a bad idea...

So food has been a central theme for me out here. I've made a clear distinction between public vs. private eating. It can be awkward sometimes when we're dining at a restaurant. Nope, I can't have crunchy french fries. And the only thing I could eat at Sean's family dinner was a slice of bread, a few roasted potatoes, and a large helping of ice cream. No kabobs for me just yet! It has been a bit humbling to have a restricted diet. I hate feeling like I'm imposing on others just because I still can't chew proper foods.

But that's okay, especially when I put everything in perspective. When we're not planning soft-food meals, we've been painting pictures of dogs and hanging out with his friends. Reality is starting to sink in, though. Sean's attending a thesis defense this morning and I've got a lecture that I need to finalize. I miss you guys, though! I hope everyone is doing well!!!

7 comments:

cookieyum said...

Sound like life is returning to normal. I know I havent posted anything in 2 weeks. I've just been reading the blogs and adding comments. Ive enjoyed this blogging also, but I will mostly likely been closing my site in the near future. Glad to hear your having fun. Mo-Mo.

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm glad you two got to spend some time together before the craziness of school starts. Its funny how we have to think about things we can eat in public and food that is better left eating at home. I have to be careful with these bands too. Everytime I yawn really wide, they snap and fly out of my mouth. I'm just waiting to poke someone's eye out with one!

Kam said...

I missed you! Good luck with your lecture!

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great to read that life is travelling well for you!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back!
Painting pictures of dogs- yep, sounds like normal to me.. ;-)

Enjoy the last free, pre school days!
xx

mylene

hotty789123 said...

i dont like pie!!!

jaw surgery beverly hills said...

Looks good and sound if life is returning to normal. Glad to read this above post . Thanks for sharing.