Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One Week Post-Op!

Yay! I'm starting to feel like my usual self again. I had been on Acetaminophen-Codeine and Penicillin this past week, and I just felt like a zombie! But no more. I finished taking the Penicillin and I'm now managing the pain with extra-strength Tylenol, which is a great alternative because I'm not sleeping all day and all night as I have been. This switch has also given me enough energy to walk the dogs today. I tried doing that yesterday, but had to hobble home after walking half a block. Thank goodness Sean was able to finish walking the dogs for me.

I feel so blessed. Sean has been an angel making me pot after pot of nutritious (and delicious!) soups! I have plenty of soup to last me 6 weeks because he's converted my freezer into a fortified soup kitchen.

If you find yourself in my position (that is, having jaw surgery), then please convince a loved one to make the chicken soup recipe he posted on the blog yesterday. It really is so good!!

And to celebrate my one-week anniversary, I had my favorite ice cream. Yum!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great guy! and he cooks too! Glad you are feeling more like your self again. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Kam said...

Aw, yeah, I love my mommy :D She's even coming down here to be with me on my pre-surgery work up on the 8th. I think she's more anxious and hesitant about the surgery than I am! My surgery is on the 24th, I'm really excited.
Well, I'm glad you're doing well! Post some more pictures if you have a chance!

Anonymous said...

there must be something about being a week post-op that necessitates ice cream- i mixed up a root beer float last night :-)
-melissa

Nate said...

Hey glad to hear everything is moving along smoothly, and Kudos to Dr. Duffy on his soup. Apparently outside of reading I have plenty of time to cook and tried that recipe. Wonderful! I did a couple things differently but those are my secrets.

As cookieyuml said, "keep us posted on your recovery."