Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tomorrow I Will Have a New Bite








This beautiful metal heart was sticking out of my mouth this morning. That's right, I got the surgical hooks and ties put on my wires today. It was a huge event for the staff members because they rarely see this procedure happen. Dr. Wong warned me of their excitement. "So I'm the freak show for today," I said. But I was just being silly. I figured I might as well have some fun with this process, which took over an hour to complete.

Hence, the metal heart. There were a dozen or so of these wires sticking straight out of my mouth. Why not make some art out of this mess? So after they were finished, I crafted this heart. The girls loved it - they called for Dr. Wong's attention. "Michelle ♥s Dr. Wong!," they chimed in unison. It was pretty funny, though maybe you had to be there to enjoy it. They also took a picture of the heart while it was still sticking out of my mouth. I haven't seen it yet, but if the tech person emails it to me, I'll post it on the blog.

So how do the ties and hooks feel and look like? Fine. They don't hurt, which is a real blessing. It just looks like a bunch of metal stuck in between my teeth. No big deal, though I'm not really going to go out of my way for any glamour-shot pictures at the moment!

5 comments:

Kam said...

I like your surgical hooks better, mine are placed really randomly, and they're black, not silver. But maybe they'll put different ones on me when I get my new hooks. Good luck on surgery tomarrow!! :D

Michelle said...

Thanks for the good cheer, Kam!!!! Soon it will be me wishing you good luck on your surgery!

:0)
M

Nate said...

You know Dr. V. it occurred to me this could be your opportunity to get really good at Guitar Hero! Might be too loopy from the drugs to do much, but Guitar Hero, you can play loopy... Anyway it'll keep you so addicted the days will slip away.


Good luck tomorrow

Nate said...

*yikes double posting* :-0

By the way Tag! Your it! I recently posted a Meme, your posted to join in!

http://natering.blogspot.com/2008/06/responding-to-meme.html

You don't have to, thought it would be a fun change of pace!

Anonymous said...

i like your wire heart... very artistic. i'm with you on that special time- i think it's made the last couple days worse (i was kinda snotty to a cashier today, and i went out into the parking lot and felt so bad i almost cried!)my surgery is at 8, so i'll be thinking positive thoughts as well... good luck, and hope to hear how your surgery went soon! :-)

-melissa