Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Other Reasons Why People Get Jaw Surgery

I called the nurse this afternoon to ask about the AqueCool Device that's supposed to reduce swelling. She said that they'll be using that in conjunction with ice, gauze, and corticosteroids, and that I won't need it after I'm discharged from the hospital.

The nurse also told me that another person had surgery today, using similar procedures as my surgery will be next week. And that person is recovering just fine, thank goodness. I asked her about another fellow who had surgery last week because he got his jaw busted in a bar fight. He's apparently doing fine, too.

And then she told me about this other guy who had surgery this week because his own son broke his jaw on Father's Day. Now that takes the biscuit. There are many reasons why people get jaw surgery, but the one thing they all have in common is that noone died from it. Yeah! But a couple of those guys could benefit from taking anger-management classes or seeking family therapy. Good grief!

No comments: