Monday, June 23, 2008

It's Down to the Wire

I feel the sands of time closing in on me as Sean and I are getting prepared for Wednesday. We're currently working on our shopping list, which is still in progress as I write. We also cleaned the house this morning in anticipation of my sister's arrival. She was able to catch a flight to CHI this morning on standby, thank goodness.

Gosh, this deadline is quickly approaching. I was able to distract myself this weekend by hanging out with friends, going to Eco Fest on Saturday, and going on a garden tour yesterday in my neighborhood. All of this has been really great to take my mind off the surgery. But the irony is that when I'm distracted and having fun with friends, time really flies. So I've sped my way through the weekend and here I am, shaking my head that it's Monday.

Ok, so the shopping list continues. Unlike Kam, I've not put a Nintendo on my wish list! Maybe it'll be a good time to catch up on some reading. If I'm lucky, I may be able to continue writing academic papers. On second thought, maybe I should put that Nintendo on my wish list!! ;0P

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Hi there!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. Good luck to you on your impending surgery! I haven't had time to catch up on your blog yet, so I'm not sure exactly what you're having done, but I hope everything goes great!!

~aimee

Anonymous said...

Yeah, being busy does make time fly! I got my prescriptions filled today, and I think that it really hit me when I went to pick them up. By the time I got to work an hour later, my asst. manager said she could see the stress on my face. Hope you're able to get everything on your list taken care of, including the Nintendo if you decide you want it. :-)

-melissa

Michelle said...

I wish I could have had my prescriptions filled before the surgery. I called the nurse last week to ask, but she said that because they don't know if I'm going to be wired shut or not, that I should wait.

Otherwise, I should be all set. Good luck with your surgery, Melissa. Hopefully, it will go well for both of us!

:0)
M