Monday, April 13, 2009

Jinx???

I'm probably jinxing tomorrow's ortho appointment, but last month Dr. Wong said that he's pretty much done making adjustments. He said that he's happy with the results and the latest activation would basically "seal the deal."

So I interpreted that cryptic message as him saying that he would be taking my braces off in April. And tomorrow's my appointment, so maybe I'll get super lucky with some good news. Maybe...but I am also known for totally jinxing myself, so I probably just cursed myself for another two months.

We shall see...my appointment is at 10am sharp. If I get these darn braces off tomorrow, I'll be sure to post a quick update. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, well, you'll be able to figure out that I jinxed myself. Fingers crossed for good news, though!!!

6 comments:

thewiredlife said...

No update? oh, man.

Melissa

(By the way, I had something weird with my blog, so it's 'closed' right now. I'm trying to get it to where only certain people can view it- if I do, you'll be one of them!)

cookieyum said...

Good luck on your de-bracing. Positive thoughts only!

cookieyum said...

Well, don't keep us in suspense!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry for keeping you in suspense! The braces are still on. I totally jinxed myself!

For the last few weeks I've been have some random spasms in my lower right jaw. It felt like my jaw was slipping out of the joint. This would only happen when I was eating, and it felt really uncomfortable.

I wanted to ignore this problem and not mention a word to Dr. Wong, but I knew that wasn't a good idea.

So Dr. Wong has made more adjustments. The good news is that my jaw is feeling fine now.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll get my braces off next month. But that may be wishful thinking on my part!

I hope you're doing well, MoMo!

Jaw Surgery Brandon said...

I was the same way Michelle, and I ended up jinxing myself about 10 times!

This time...nope, maybe this time...nope!

I just wanted to congratulate you on a successful surgery, and it would be a great help to others and future patients that are going to be going through the same thing you did if you could share your story and experience.

I'd love to get as many people to share their story as possible in one organized place, so people just like us won't be as scared, and they too can have a successful surgery.

All you have to do is write a quick summary of how the process was for you, in as much or as little detail as you like. For example, you could include how you felt right before surgery, how you felt after, what the sensations were like, what you wish you had known before, or anything else you can think of that will make the process a little bit easier for someone else.

To help, just go here:

http://www.jawsurgeryblog.com/forums/topic/help-future-jaw-surgery-patients

If you have any questions at all or trouble posting your story, just let me know, and I'll be glad to help you help others!

Thanks again,
Brandon

Hasiba Hanif said...

Thanks for sharing this post visit my articles Jaw surgery in Islamabad