Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Physical Exam: After

The doctor's appointment went well this morning, although I did feel like a lab rat. The warm-up procedure began by checking my vitals (blood pressure, heart rate, breathing). Then I had to wear a gown for the EKG test. Ugh, I thought. I don't like wearing those gowns. But it's important to keep a positive attitude, so I tried to dismiss that initial negative thought. The doctor was vague about the EKG results, only to say that they're "fine." I'm happy with that. Then there was blood work to be done.

The technician asked me if I had a cough. I said I didn't and she asked me again. "Well, I did cough this morning," I said suspiciously. "Then that's good enough," she replied. Oh, that's right - health insurance. Apparently, health insurance won't cover X-rays and blood work without a reason (i.e., cough). As if having surgery next week is not a good excuse for these people!

Once again, I had to wear a robe for the X-rays. I better get used to feeling like a lab rat, I told myself. It is a strange feeling to wear a gown that's barely put together. But this is merely a preview for next week's performance. Better get used to it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes, and ouch!

Aleah said...

I will keep you in my close thoughts and prayers. I am sure everything will go just fine, and like you said, your optimistic attitude is what will carry you through it! :)

Michelle said...

Aww, thanks Cheeser! And I totally agree with your sentiments, Austin c-f!!

:0)
M